After three years of negotiations, planning, and some setbacks due to COVID, Simply Soulful Café has found a new Central Area home and is preparing for its grand opening.
US Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Michael Langley was promoted to the rank of general in a ceremony Saturday, becoming the first Black four-star general in the military branch's 246-year history.
The National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA) and the National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters (NABOB) are working together to encourage the media and advertising industries to become more proactive and committed to diversity from the C-suites to the decision-making managers. But more needs to be done to increase and to enhance the ownership of media businesses by African Americans and other minorities.
- More Black NFL retirees win dementia cases in rescored tests
- Tennessee college's virtual Fridays cut student gas costs
- Breyer, Gorsuch join to promote education about Constitution
- Sesame Place to train workers on diversity after lawsuit
- One of 8 students who integrated Memphis State dies at 81
- 14 HBCU medical students chosen for NFL diversity initiative
- Serena's Choice: Williams' tough call resonates with women
- Kobe Bryant crash photos lawsuit to be heard by Los Angeles jury
- Missouri family says racism led to pool party cancellation
- As Spider-Man turns 60, fans reflect on diverse appeal
Subscribe to our e-news list
Please join our email list up to date with all of the news affecting our community.