King County Library System Invites Community To Celebrate Juneteenth
To encourage a deeper understanding of African American heritage and the significance of freedom, KCLS staff has meticulously compiled reading lists, which patrons can explore, and has organized two special Juneteenth events for residents to participate in.
‘The Little Mermaid’ Faces Racist Backlash From Some Viewers In China And South Korea
“The Little Mermaid” has bombed with moviegoers in China and South Korea amid racist critiques in some quarters over the casting of Black actress Halle Bailey as main character Ariel.
To Be Equal: “The Voice Of Black America”
It was 20 years ago this week that I humbly assumed the responsibilities of leadership of the National Urban League -- one of which is the honor to author this very column, To Be Equal, established by the esteemed Whitney M. Young, Jr.
Home Sweet Home
- AP-NORC poll finds both Democrats, Republicans skeptical of US spying practices
- Ben Crump demands justice for Ajike Owens, the latest time he's supported a grieving Black family
- Today in History: June 8, Lincoln is renominated
- 2 Connecticut officers fired over treatment of man paralyzed in police van after 2022 arrest
- Delaware House committee advances police accountability and transparency bills
- Voices from the violent civil rights era see attacks on voting rights as part of ongoing struggle
- Tougaloo College president stepping down at end of June
- The story behind Juneteenth and how it became a federal holiday
- Editorial Roundup: United States
- Atlanta organizers unveil plan to stop 'Cop City' at the ballot box
Subscribe to our e-news list
Please join our email list up to date with all of the news affecting our community.
© 2023, Tiloben Publishing Co., Inc. All Rights Reserved.