On Thursday, Dec. 30, all locations of The Seattle Public Library will be closed due to inclement weather and staffing limitations.
Because of continued snow accumulation overnight and early this morning, and the potential for snow melt followed by freezing conditions leading into the evening commute, all Library locations will be closed today out of concern for the safety of patrons and staff.
Holds and due dates have been extended by a week and book drops will be available today at the locations listed below.
We will continue to closely monitor weather and road conditions through the evening today and into tomorrow morning. Check for updates at www.spl.org/Snow.
BOOK DROPS OPEN ON THURSDAY, DEC. 30:
• Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave.
• Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W.
• Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S.
• Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N.
• Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E.
• Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S.
• Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E. Yesler Way
• Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N.
• High Point Branch, 3411 S.W. Raymond St.
• Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Ave. N.E.
• NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S.
• Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S.
• Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Ave. S.W.
• University Branch, 5009 Roosevelt Way N.E.
The Library encourages patrons to use their best judgment in traveling. The city of Seattle’s Winter Weather page and King County Metro’s information and alerts about routes during snow and ice are both good resources.
Visit spl.org/snow for updated information on Library closures this week as snow and freezing temperatures remain in the forecast. Find information on shelter in Seattle during extreme weather and Library closures on our website: spl.org/shelter.
As a reminder, everyone must wear masks while in Library buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
Contact the Library’s Ask Us service by phone at 206-386-4636 or by email or chat at spl.org/Ask.